Okay. So maybe a Vandercook gives you a little more wiggle room than a platen when you are setting type. I'm missing the days of sliding a nicely tied up block of type into the press bed, and then sliding it back off. This whole lifting business is a bit more challenging.
Also, when I picked up the most recent bunch of stuff, I grabbed some quoins and a key, thinking they would go together... not my luck. I have two quoins and a key, but they don't play well together. Rats.
However, I did get that wooden tray attached properly; it looks beautiful. And now I'm varnishing the second part of it--next on the list of things to bring in the house and work on are the type cases, I think. Lots of type to sort through. I'm trying to find someone who will buy the old type for melt value.
So... Soon. Soon I will be printing. Or at least learning to print on a platen.
No comments:
Post a Comment